The characteristic of this Alfa Romeo Giulia in the racing trim is the white color (Bianca) with the colored nose with which races were previously held on the circuits under the name Squadra Bianca. It was an amateur touring car class with all the same cars that were driven and fought very hard. Presents were not handed out on the track, every race was an experience.
By: Dirk de Jong
André drives an Alfa Romeo GT (Bertone) Veloce with a 2 Liter Nord engine and is a participant in the Dutch championships in the GTTC class. The Alfa Romeo Giulia André bought two years ago as a rolling carriage and saw it as a challenge to rebuild the car from scratch. The coach had already been welded through and fitted with a multipiont roll cage.
André gives effortlessly a list of all the things that have been taken care of, skills and adjustments that the real connoisseurs will recognize:
- Wheel suspension overhauled and fitted with adjustable upper wishbones.
- Racing springs front and rear.
- Adjustable shock absorbers front and rear
- Lightweight 15 inch rims and semi slicks
- Full engine overhaul
- High Compression Pistons
- C&b camshafts (12mm and 11mm)
- Cylinder head modified
- Refurbished dell'orto carburettors, adapted to the engine
- Electronic ignition
- Alfaholics stainless steel exhaust 60mm
- Aluminum radiator
- Oil cooler
- New brake lines
- New (homemade) wiring harness
- Broadband lambda meter and finally
- Racing seat and belts
Ready for the new racing enthusiast
That it is now for sale for the next enthusiast is only because he is looking for a new challenge. In any case, the Alfa Romeo Giulia is again a showpiece of technology and Italian design in an exclusive category.