Car wrapping can also be done stylishly
We stood at a beautiful Porsche Speedster (repica) and were surprised by a 'seam' on the stern. Because the car appeared to be in a neat, full coat of paint. The owner came over and told me gladly that the car was 'wrapped' because he already had a silver-colored one.
We knew that car and motorcycle, boat, mobility scooter and smartphone were wrapped in advertising and surf vans. The number of 'decors' is endless and apparently everyone wants something as striking as possible. And you can't argue about taste.
But it is therefore also an option to put your classic in a new suit. Car wrapping, that is getting the car wrapped / wrapped with high-quality vinyl foil. This foil receives a UV-resistant, scratch-resistant laminate that extends the durability. You can have the car wrapped in a matte or smooth color and in any desired design.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CAR WRAPPING?
Of course we know the phenomenon of company cars and 'fun'mobiles. But car wrapping can also be much more conservative.
The original paint layer of the car remains well protected against damage from outside. That guarantees a bit of value retention There are therefore carwraps that are completely invisible, purely to protect the car's paint layer.
CAN I WASH THE CAR OR THROUGH THE WASHING STREET?
That's no problem. Also keep in mind that the first four days after the wrap has been applied you do not have to wash or polish the car, as the foil is not yet fully adhered.
Some maintenance tips:
* Preferably wash the car by hand.
* Provide clean washing water and a clean sponge and or chamois leather.
* Use a hot wax in the car wash for extra protection.
* Choose a standard car shampoo and a not too hard CLEAN sponge, cloth or anything else that can sand.
* When using a high pressure cleaner always keep a distance of at least one meter.
- With the above tips you will prevent scratches and ensure that you will enjoy the wrap for a long time. Still seen scratches? Remove them yourself with a hairdryer or leave the car in the sun for a few hours. Scratches will then usually disappear by themselves.
CAN EVERY CAR BE FLIPPED?
In principle, the wrap can be applied to any type of car. But for the best result, a good lacquer layer is required.
CAN THE FOIL BE AGAIN?
You can have the wrap removed. It is advisable to have this done by a specialist in this area. There will then be no glue residues left and the paint will look just like the wrap.
IS CAR WRAP HARMFUL FOR THE PAINT?
Wrapping the car is not harmful to the car. A good and well applied wrap can even protect the car paint for years against aphids, bird droppings, fine dust, UV rays and other elements that are unkind.
And that seam?
The wrap on this Speedster has been finished for a while. The maximum web width of the film was 1,5 m at the time.